Somewhere / Doll

The limited edition of barbie sets the tone for my doll artwork. Creating a new design and appeal of barbie, turning an image of me into a doll to challenge the outdated intention of barbie. Utilizing masking, plastic, distorting, and liquify techniques, my new idea of a barbie was placed in a barbie box. Imitating a barbie box, I created a unique background inside of the box, Malibu Barbie’s house. Ready to be released at a barbie release party, this limited-edition barbie doll recreates the perfect barbie. 

Comments

  1. I absolutely love this project Raven! I think you did an amazing job. The way the background kind of curves in the box frame makes it really realistic and convincing. The effects on your skin and facial feature add really well to doll effect you were trying to capture. The placement of your tagbrush was very tasteful and overall everything about this project went really well together. Also like that you're in heels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raven, I really loved how this came out! I can tell you put a lot of time into this because you even dressed the part of a Barbie! You did a great job making the gloss on your skin match the clear plastic look of the box. Super clever way to incorporate your logo as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dolls came out super cool and interesting. I think it looks super fun and realistic. The concept was really great and your can definitely tell you spent a lot of time working on making it perfect. The filters and edits you made definitely contribute to the quality of the piece.

    Jasmin J.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts